Photograph Consent Form
Occasionally, we may take photographs of the children at our academy. We use these images as part of our academy displays and sometimes in other printed publications. We will also use them on our academy website and social media pages.
If we use photographs of individual pupils, we will not use the name of that child in the accompanying text or photo caption. If we name a pupil in the text, we will not use a photograph of that child to accompany the article. If a child has won an award and the parent would like the name of their child to accompany their picture we will obtain permission from the parent before using the image.
For children in Reception, Tapestry is used to celebrate your child’s progress throughout school. For children in Year 1 – Year 6 photographs are included in work books. Photographs of individuals, groups or classes of children may appear in these records.
From time-to-time, our academy may be visited by the media who will take photographs or film footage of a high profile event. Children may appear in these images, which will sometimes be published in local or national newspapers, or on approved websites.
To comply with the Data Protection Act 1988, we need your permission before we can photograph or make any recordings of your child. Please answer the questions overleaf and return the completed form to the academy.
Conditions of Use
- The form is valid indefinitely from the date you sign it.
- We will not re-use any photographs or recordings a year after your child leaves this academy. Historic photographs will remain on our academy website and social media feeds.
- We will not use the personal details or full names (which means first name and surname) of any child or adult in a photographic image or video, on our website, on our social media platforms in our academy prospectus or in any of our other printed publications.
- If we use photographs of individual pupils, we will not use the name of that child in the accompanying text or photo caption.
- If we name a pupil in the text, we will not use an individual photograph of that child to accompany the article.
- We may include pictures of pupils and teachers that have been drawn by the pupils.
We may use group or class photographs or footage with very general labels.
- We will only use images of pupils who are suitably dressed, to reduce the risk of such images being used inappropriately.
- Websites and social media platforms can be viewed throughout the world and not just in the United Kingdom where UK law applies.
Confirmation of Permissions Given
Please sign and date this page and return to the academy to confirm that you have read the policies and give permission for your child to access the following: (please tick as appropriate):
Photograph Consent Form
I have read and understood the conditions of use set out in the leaflet.